It's a Blog!

I know everyone in the world has had a blog at some point, but I've never jumped on the bandwagon.  There are several reasons for this, not the least of which is that I do not consider myself to be that interesting and it's hard to imagine that anyone would be terribly eager to read about my life.  

That said, there are a few good reasons that I have decided to start this blog (also a few not so good ones).  So since I know that everyone loves a good countdown, here are the top 5 reasons I am going to become a bloggist (is that a word?).

5.  I am currently working night shift and even on my nights off I tend to stay up late.  I'm fairly certain that my neighbors would prefer I blog at 3 in the morning to some other activities such as laundry, workout videos, dance parties, etc.

4.  I am lousy at keeping a journal, lousy at taking pictures, lousy at scrap-booking, lousy at basically any activity that will help me to remember what a fabulous life I once had when I am old and forgetful.

3. I've been looking for ways to stay grateful for the big and small things that God does in my life on a daily basis.  Hopefully I will be able to encourage people and myself to be conscious of those things.

2.  All the cool kids are doing it...okay, my big sister has a blog now and I've always wanted to be just like her.  (Sara, you're not just my sister, you're my first friend!) 

1.  I want to share with my little corner of the internet that God doesn't call Christians to live boring lives.  He calls us to live adventurously. I already have had a few adventures in my life that came from following Christ and I feel confident that there are more to come. 


P.S. You can expect some pictures with the next post, I just got a new camera today and haven't had a chance to figure it out yet...stay tuned!




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts