Snow Days Part 192


It snows a lot here in Wyoming.  But it's the good kind of snow, the fluffy kind that is perfect for snowballs and sledding.  There isn't really any ice which is fabulous, because as far as I can tell the roads don't get treated or plowed at all.  Earlier in the week we had quite a bit; the first day I stayed in.  I stared at the ice growing on the inside of my window frames and wandered around the apartment putting the rest of my things away.


And of course I did some baking...check out the lovely green color of this avocado bread batter.
But after a spending so much time in the house I decided I had to get out.  There were families out sledding on the hill behind my apartment complex so I figured that if small children could brave the cold so could I.  Apparently I am not as hardy as Wyoming children, because after about 15 minutes outside I was ready to come back inside.  I did snap a few pictures before I lost feeling in my fingers.  

 I'm thankful for these boots!
 So beautiful!

Hard to believe that this was only 4 days ago and yesterday it was 60 degrees with no snow left on the ground. I guess that's Wyoming weather for you.

Comments

Popular Posts