Saturday Celebration

Today has been a day of celebration! It's funny, I went to a wedding this afternoon and to be sure, it was a celebration, but even before that my heart found reasons to celebrate.

I woke up to the smell of rain and grass, the sound of my cat purring, and the sight of a giant raccoon lumbering across the yard. Mornings are my favorite time of day; I love the quiet that permeates them and the opportunity to be in God's presence that those early hours provide. This morning felt like a gift just for me.
The light this morning was gorgeous and it made me thankful that I serve a God who creates beauty.
 He pays attention to all the details. Even to the placement of every last raindrop!
Even better, He speaks to us through His word. That is more than enough reason to praise Him.
May our hearts leap for joy at His word, may each morning be a celebration!

Your words were found, and I ate them, 
And your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart;
For I am called by Your name,
O Lord God of hosts. 
-Jeremiah 15:16

Comments

Popular Posts