Moving Day

This week has been full of cold, nasty weather...so I'm extremely glad we moved last weekend! The morning started early for Mike and I. I was really excited and woke up at my normal work day time of 5:30 and so my sweet husband was also awake much earlier than would have been his preference. We worked on packing up a few more things and then headed out to get some provisions for everyone who was helping us.

Since it was so early and we didn't ask for help until 10 we took over a few loads of things. Moving definitely helps open your eyes to how much unnecessary stuff you have, well at least for me it did. I'm working on getting rid of some of the excess as we unpack and settle in. It was still pretty cold then. By the time we got everything moved it was positively warm, somewhere in the 30s I think.
When our friends and family arrived at 10, honestly, I was overwhelmed. I had not been sure we would have enough help and we ended up having so many people come out that everything went smoothly and quickly. We are so very blessed to have friends and family like this, I felt so loved!


This week has been busy, but we are slowly and surely getting unpacked. Once things get a little more organized, I will post some pictures. It is already looking quite different than it did when we bought it!

Thanks so much to everyone who helped us!




Comments

Popular Posts