It's a Labor Day Miracle!

Ok, well maybe blondies aren't a miracle, but they are certainly tasty.  I know a lot of people are enjoying a long weekend with an extra day off today.  I unfortunately was at work this weekend and my introverted side just wanted to spend the day at home today rather than going out and encountering tons of people who are making the most of the holiday. 

I do have the world's biggest sweet tooth, and my plan for the day included baking a little something.  My original plan was brownies but I realized I didn't have any cocoa powder...dilemma.  Then I found a bag of butterscotch chips in my cabinet and there was a recipe on the back for blondies. Problem solved.

Things started off in a very promising way...brown sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs.
Then came the dry ingredients, just flour and baking powder.
It's so simple and yet so delicious!
Then come the butterscotch chips.
The result is AMAZING!
You really should wait until they are cool to dig in or they crumble but the smell was so enticing, I didn't have the will power to wait.  All I have to say is well done Nestle.

Comments

Popular Posts