The Good, The Bad and The Strange

Obviously I have not written a post in quite a while.  I have no real excuse other than I have been trying to adjust to life here and sometimes that takes a little time.  I mentioned before that due to some confusion with my contract I ended up working 8 hour night shifts...5 of them a week.  

To most of you 40 hours a week over 5 days sounds normal and you're going to think I'm a whiny baby.  That's okay.  I am used to nursing hours: 36 hours a week over 3 days...and if I work a fourth day I get some overtime and still have 3 days off that week.  Working 5 nights a week is killing me!!!!! (See, whiny baby.)  I salute those of you who do this on a regular basis.  Maybe if it was day shifts it would be better, I don't know.  

Anyway, the point of that rant was that I am still figuring out how to live my life with the hours I'm working and unfortunately blogging has suffered a bit.  So here is a little of what has been going on in my life recently.  

The Good:
 Cranberry gingerbread....welcome to winter!
I get to wear whatever color scrubs I want to on this assignment...sorry for the selfie, but I love these purple Med Couture scrubs.
My sweet friend Kelly sent me a package for the holidays, and it was lovely!
I went to see the Nutcracker.
Had time to do some reading this month.
Christmas lights!

The Bad:

I slid on the ice on Saturday and hit a parked car so now my car is in the shop.  I take pictures of everything else, but somehow I forgot to take a picture of the damage.

Sometimes all I want in life is a cherry limeade and there is no Sonic here.

It looks like this when I get to work at night.

Did I mention that I have to work 5 nights a week?  (Ok, done whining.)

The Strange:
I eat pasta at 10:15 in the morning.
Apparently there was some confusion at the hospital, people thought I was going to be a man named Stephan and were surprised when I turned out to be a woman.  Also, no one double checked how to spell my last name...oops.

Also strange, I've been here a month already.  How is that possible?!

So that's it.  A quick recap of the past few weeks.  Time seems to be going by so fast, hard to believe it was just Thanksgiving and Christmas is just around the corner.  

Happy Holidays to everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts