New Year, New Adventure

I obviously missed the opportunity to post something awesome for the new year...we're 8 days into 2014, I think it's too late for a post on resolutions (not that I really have any).  It's hard to believe, but I only have about 3 weeks left here in Massachusetts.  

Which means this is what the past week has looked like for me: 
  • work
  • talk on the phone to my recruiter about where to go next
  • make a list of 600 potential jobs (slight exaggeration)
  • promise to look them up and see if any of them sounds good
  • sleep
  • work
  • google hospitals that seem to have potential
  • sleep
  • get woken up by hospitals that want to do an interview at the equivalent of midnight for a night shifter (don't worry about the slurred speech, I'm really not drunk at 11 in the morning)
  • work
  • another interview
  • sleep
  • talk to a hospital that sounds horrible, quick phone call to my recruiter to say I don't care if they are offering a million dollar contract, don't accept an offer from them
  • work
  • (light from heaven shines down) interview with a nurse manager who sounds wonderful for a job that appears to have a lot to offer...I think at the end of the interview I might have said in a desperate voice "Choose me!"
  • quick phone call to my recruiter to say, "ACCEPT, ACCEPT!!!!"
  • try to sleep but spend all day on the phone working out details of the new contract
  • go back to work exhausted but happy
Here's the slightly shocking part of this story.  My next assignment will be in.......

WYOMING!!

That's my big news for 2014, I'll have some more information to share in the next few weeks so stay tuned.


Comments

Popular Posts