Welcome to Wyoming

 
I always look forward to seeing new places, it's part of the reason I'm a travel nurse, duh! Wyoming is a place completely outside the realm of my experience.  Other than vague ideas about cowboys and bison, I really didn't know what to expect.  So when I set out on Friday I was riding a wave of excitement at the prospect of places unknown.  

It was a perfect day to drive; full of sunshine and wide open spaces. It was so perfect in fact that I just assumed that Saturday was going to be lovely as well so I might as well save a little driving for then. My plan was to arrive refreshed and ready to settle in to my new surroundings.  This was possibly one of the most unwise decisions I've ever made.  

Saturday started out innocently enough, I saw my first tumbleweed and I thought, "Oh, isn't today going to be fun!"
Next thing I know, I'm driving into a snowstorm like nothing I've ever seen.  The winds were so strong and the snow so heavy that you could barely see anything.  There are no pictures of this because I was in an intense state of panic and my knuckles were as white as the snow from gripping the wheel so tightly.  

I ended up following a semi for a good portion of the morning, mainly because I really couldn't tell where the road was and I figured that as long as I followed him I was probably still on the pavement.  The last leg of my trip was only supposed to take 2 1/2 hours and ended up taking 4...yikes!  But I made it.  I am officially residing in Wyoming now (well for the next 3 months at least).  As I usually do when I arrive in a new place, I went for a walk around my new town.  

To be honest it didn't take very long since this is such a small town, but here are a few highlights. Be warned, this is a random assortment of things since the population of this place is only in the 3000s.  Also, every business was closed and I only saw a few people out.  I guess they were observing the Sabbath.













So that's it, my home for the next 3 months.  I start orientation at the "hospital" tomorrow, fingers crossed that all goes well.

 P.S.-If anyone is missing their hat, I found it!



Comments

Popular Posts