The Omaha Zoo

Things are going great at my new job. It's great to be back on a fast paced telemetry floor. I'm super excited to be back in the world of a-fib, MIs and heart blocks. As much as I loved my last assignment, it might have left me a little spoiled. I need to work on redeveloping the ever important nurse ability to not eat for most of a shift and to hold your bladder for a ridiculously long time.

I have to admit that the two shifts I worked so far left me exhausted. Yesterday I had the day off and I was mostly worthless; today...maybe today too. But if nothing else, I'm gonna post some pictures I took when my mom and I went to the Omaha Zoo. It was a really fun place. These pictures don't really do it justice, but you'll get the idea I think.
I loved the soft-shell tortoises, they look like someone let the air out and deflated them.
This one was trying to escape!
 
I was kind of surprised by some of the enclosures..this looked a little questionable, I think if they really wanted to these guys could have gotten out.
Apparently we came to the zoo at nap time.
Deep in thought.
Not so deep in thought.
Definitely nap time.
This guy made me think of The Lion King.
So, now that I've done one productive thing today, maybe it's time to take a cue from the animal kingdom and enjoy nap time.

Comments

Popular Posts