Catching up!

It's definitely been a long time since I posted, and so much has happened in the last few weeks.  My time in Maine has come to an end and I have barely had time to catch my breath.  There were so many wonderful things that I had the chance to do that it is overwhelming to try and describe them.  The following post will be organized in a non-chronological way, instead I will post according to the order in which I find pictures on my computer or phone that I like...that seems logical, right?

My last night in Maine, I was able to spend the evening with my lovely new friend Rachel.  We took a little trip to Kennebunkport.  It is an adorable little town full of charm and stores with ridiculous names like "Brewed Awakening."  I thoroughly enjoyed making fun of the pun-ny names with Rachel.  We ate some lobster (ok, I ate lobster...Rachel is possibly not really from Maine, she doesn't like lobster and doesn't say wicked).


Another one of my new friends, Ruth, and I took a trip to Reid State Park.  On the way, I was privileged to see Eartha. This picture was taken from a third floor balcony.  All I could think of was the theme song to "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego."
 The beach was gorgeous and Ruth and I were able to soak in some of God's creation.
 I was so, so blessed to meet Rachel and Ruth.  They are amazing, godly women who know how to have fun in life.  Rachel put it best when she said we took the fast-track to friendship.  I was impressed with their willingness to invest time and effort in friendship knowing that I was leaving soon.  We had such fun times.  I will miss those ladies so much...

their smiling faces,


 flying kites, trips to the beach...road trips to find a sandwich,
 
 awkward conversations in seafood restaurants...

 eating ice cream every day and posing with strange statues (that's Rachel's thumb by the way)...
But most of all I will miss the sense of community I felt with them.  They let me be a part of their lives and were honest and authentic in sharing their joys and their struggles.  I was encouraged in my faith, and they made me feel at home away from home.

Comments

  1. First of all, I am completely jealous of your outings and lobster eating! Also, I remember Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego! So happy to see/hear about your friends.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts