This Crazy Life

This week has been crazy.  Crazy good and crazy bad.  Spending time with the cutest kids on earth, good.  Realizing that my passport was lost, bad.  Eating lunch with a friend at our favorite restaurant, good.  Two hours on the phone with the passport agency, bad.  Getting to talk to my amazing sister in person every day, good.  My new passport photo in which I look like I crawled out of the sewer, bad.  Lunch with my grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins, good.  Driving 7.5 miles to Hot Springs, Arkansas for a 20 minute appointment which consisted of handing my application to a man behind a window and then driving back 7.5 hours to Higginsville, torture.  When God made people, I don't think he intended for them to be in a car for 15 hours in a day...especially when they had driven from Maine to Missouri earlier in the week; that would be crazy.

Thankfully I have a lovely and hospitable friend who invited me to spend some time with her this weekend.  Kelly is phenomenal.  She has her own business, keeps a beautiful home, volunteers at her church, makes some delicious meals, always looks fresh and feminine, and is one of those people that makes you feel like you can just relax and breathe easier in her presence.  After my crazy week and before my next crazy adventure, a little bit of calm was exactly what I needed.  Here are a few highlights.
 Dinner on the patio
 Prep for dessert
 Little hands and frozen bananas
 Perfect summer night
 A comfy bed
 Breakfast
 Market madness
 Yummy greens!
 Yummier croissant and coffee!
 A little live music
A perfect weekend


Wednesday I will be heading to Bolivia with some nursing friends to work with an organization called Hospitals of Hope so there won't be any posts for a while.  I hope that you will take some time and pray for us and I will definitely have lots of pictures and stories on the blog when I get back!

Comments

Popular Posts