Candy Fixes Everything!

Last Wednesday, the day I wrote the previous post on this blog, I left work at 0715.  I went to my home and slept for approximately 4 hours (those four hours left me feeling as rested as if it had been two hours).  I packed my bags, loaded up my car and dragged my tired self out the door. 

After a stop to get coffee and warnings from multiple friends that there were tornadoes on the loose in my area, I turned up the radio and set the cruise and made my way to Denver.  As I mentioned before, I didn't encounter any bad weather; I think God knew that I couldn't handle an encounter with a twister at that point...I'm no Dorothy. 

Due to all the flight delays, Bek's flight didn't get in until late.  Since we didn't get to go to sleep until 2 am, we definitely slept in on Thursday. The next morning as we drank our coffee and re-evaluated our plans for the day, we decided that a trip to the candy factory was a must. 
Honestly, the tour wasn't all that interesting; the gift shop was fascinating!

I felt like I was in Charlie and The Chocolate Factory....minus the creepy guy in the top hat.
There's a certain feeling of joy that being surrounded by candy brings, it's impossible to be tired or frustrated that things aren't going as planned when you are in a room full of sweets. 
 
What a lovely way to start Road Trip 2014!

Comments

Popular Posts