Feasting!

I've worked 7 out of the last 8 nights which means there's not been a lot of time for blogging...but there has been a lot of time for eating!  I had intentions of blogging the recipes I used and step by step pictures, but that's a lot of effort for this tired nurse, so instead you get a montage of food pictures.

Let's start with these cheddar rolls from a new cookbook I got.  Yum.



I knew that I was working a lot of days and probably wouldn't feel like shopping or cooking, so I decided to make something that would provide at least a week's worth of meals that I wouldn't get tired of eating.  I know some people don't like leftovers, but I am not one of those people. I settled on making the Pioneer Woman's pot roast. I did add potatoes and mushrooms which weren't in the original recipe.

Double yum.


And of course I had to have dessert.  I turned to my favorite Dessertist (that's definitely a word/title), Joy the Baker.  In her cookbook she has a recipe for lemon-lime thyme cookies that I love, but there is also a recipe for lavender lemon bars that I had been wanting to try, so I decided to combine the two.  I have no lavender, or access to dried lavender in winter in Wyoming, so I made the lemon bars but used lemon and lime juice and I put dried thyme in the cookie part of the bars instead of dried lavender.  

The result was:  Triple Yum!!
(Side note-I apologize to anyone who has seen me in the last few days as they might have noted a dusting of powdered sugar over all my clothes..the lemon bars are gone now so I will not be emitting a cloud of white dust any more)


 This concludes my post on why gluttony might not be a bad thing.

Comments

Popular Posts