Road Trippin'

If you've read my most recent post, you know that I've been on vacation.  I know it might seem weird since I travel a lot for my job, but I still love to take advantage of every opportunity to travel for fun.  

Normally I work at a hospital for a 3 month term and then go home for a few weeks before I repack my car and drive across the country to go to my next assignment. From this information you may conclude that my life is just one big road trip, and in a sense you would be right.  But as much as I love to see the beauty of America through my windshield, those are not real road trips.  

Let me tell you what constitutes a real road trip.  
1.  You are not alone. 
A few weeks ago my friend Bekah flew herself out to Denver just so that she could drive around with me for 5 days.
2.  You are traveling for pleasure, not work.
I've always wanted to go to Yellowstone National Park and I finally got my wish!
 3.  You travel with flexibility.
We didn't have too many plans for this trip, but the few that we did have seemed to fall through. For example, when we drove from Denver to my Wyoming home to stay the night and found that the water heater had broken so we couldn't stay there, then decided to drive on to Casper that night and found that every hotel room in Casper was booked.  Then had to drive on to Cody that same night just to find a hot shower and a comfy bed!
4.  You take the time to slow down and see the world around you. Including, but not limited to:
Sunsets
 Mud Volcanoes
Bison
Waterfalls
 Canyons
Marshes
 Beauties small and large
and hot springs.
5. You laugh...a lot.
6.  Your car finally feels like it's living up to it's potential.
7.  You take way too many pictures.
(I think it is evident from this post, and the fact that I still have more pics to sort through that I was more than successful in this step)
8. Finally, you learn that some things are just not a good idea.  Like standing on a geyser.
Now that you know the rules of road tripping, get out there and have some fun!





Comments

Popular Posts