Hiking at Casper Mountain...Success!

 
Back in March I attempted this trail and due to a ridiculous amount of snow at that time, I had to turn back. It's been on my mind ever since. This past week I realized that if I was going to ever hike this trail I probably needed to do it soon since my contract in Wyoming is up in the middle of August. 
The waterfall is located right at the beginning of the trail, so even if you don't really want to hike, you can basically drive right up and see the falls.  It is beautiful.  The funny thing is that I went right past this spot in March and didn't realize that when everything thawed it would be a waterfall!
 
The ascent. (There are no pictures on the descent because I had a little rattlesnake scare and I was focused on not dying. I'm not dramatic at all.)
I love mountain views and the fact that there is still dew on the plants at 1 in the afternoon in July, and cool breezes and the smell of pine trees.
 
A split rock you can walk through...and that light, I'm in love.
 
The place to cross over the stream that creates the falls.
Obviously I had to check out these rocks and then attempt to use the timer on my camera. It took a few tries...maybe someday I'll post some of the funny pictures that resulted from that activity.
So glad I went back and saw this place.  Good-bye Wyoming! I'll miss you!

Comments

Popular Posts