Taking The Long Way Home

Leaving Wyoming was sad, I will definitely miss all the great people I met there, but I have to admit the trip home was a lot of fun! My mom flew out to drive back with me and we turned what could have been a one day drive into a 5 day vacation. Instead of going back to Missouri by the faster (and more boring) routes through Kansas or Nebraska, we headed north through South Dakota.
The drive through the Black Hills is gorgeous. 
 And there are cute little prairie dog villages along the way.
My mom is not a big fan of caves, but I think we both enjoyed Wind Cave National Park.

That afternoon we went to Mount Rushmore.
The first day of our mother-daughter road trip ended with dinosaurs. That's right, dinosaurs!
I feel like the picture above gives a little insight into how I ended up so silly.
 So much fun!

Comments

Popular Posts