Gratitude

Sometimes I see things in a new way, things that I see every day but don't notice suddenly seem significant. It's like God says, "Slow down and pay attention, I am present all around you." And when I slow down, when I listen and watch, I see that it's true. He's there. With that realization comes the gratitude.

I'm grateful for those moments.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 says: Rejoice always! Pray constantly. Give thanks in everything for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

And since I'm a list maker...

I will give thanks:
-in joy, moments of sunshine in winter
-in certainty, my salvation
-in stress, trying to control my perfectionism as I work through graduate school
-in injustice, the times that life just doesn't seem fair
-in sorrow, being disappointed in people who I expected more of
-in plenty, surrounded by friends and family who make love overflow
-in want, when I feel inadequate to meet the needs of my patients
-in wandering, seeking God's will
-in waiting, trusting that His plan is best and is worth the wait



Comments

Popular Posts