Saturday Morning Psalms


This morning I am sitting in my kitchen in my PJs guarding an apple-cranberry crisp...that's right guarding. Apparently I am not the only one who thinks it smells delicious. My cat has been trying to sneak up on the table and help himself to a bite. 


While I'm sitting here waiting for it to cool enough so that I can: 1. Eat some (with some coffee, fruity dessert definitely equals a balanced breakfast) 2. Put it in the refrigerator so that I don't have to eat the whole thing in one sitting; I am taking the opportunity to spend some time in God's word.

A friend told me a while back about an app called She Reads Truth. It has different devotional plans that you can access on your phone. I've been using it since the beginning of the year for it's free read through the Bible in a year plan, but I also started a plan called Psalms of Gratitude. You read a Psalm and then it has prompts to help you write your own psalm to God.

This morning's reading was from Psalm 103 verses 3-5.

who forgives all your iniquity,
who heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit,
who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,
who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagles

What an amazing description of our Lord!

Here is my psalm:
who forgives my selfish attitudes,
who heals hurt feelings,
who redeems my time so that none is wasted,
who crowns me with joy,
who satisfies me with His word every day and uses it to show me more of His will.

What would your psalm sound like?

Comments

Popular Posts