Back to Reality

The husband and I have been gone all week. We left last Friday and went to Phoenix for the Southern Baptist Convention and the Pastor's Conference that preceded it. I really thought when we left that it would be a relaxing time, I would spend a little extra time reading my Bible and praying, maybe go to some of the preaching sessions, enjoy staying in a hotel and not going to work, but overall I thought the Pastor's Conference was really not for me. After the first session, it became clear that I was wrong.

What actually happened was so much better than just sitting by a pool reading books (although I still think that sounds good). What happened was that I got to meet other pastors' wives and be encouraged by them; I got to see my husband thoroughly enjoying his role of being behind the scenes praying with other pastors; I got to hear the book of Philippians preached through from beginning to end, and I was captivated by God's word. It was an encouragement and a joy to listen to 12 very different men point to the one name above every name. All of those messages were really one message which was summarized by Shane Hall in the last session of the PC, "All we need is Jesus."

God and I both knew that my soul needed rest and refreshing, He just knew a better way. My prayer as I go back to "the real world" is that I would be conscious of the fact that this is not the real world, my identity and my home are with Jesus and He is all I need.

Comments

Popular Posts