Same Blog, New Name


This blog used to be called Adventures of a Traveling Nurse....and I used to post on it, but I haven't for quite a while. In the last year a lot of things have changed. The main change was that I got married to a wonderful, godly man (who made me pumpkin waffles this morning by the way), but along with the marriage came a move out of Kansas City to a much smaller town, a new church, and because I'm ridiculous, a new job too. 

A few months ago I decided to take a hiatus from social media because I was feeling overwhelmed by all the newness in my life and simplifying seemed like a good idea. It was. I needed that time to adjust to things in real life without the virtual world intruding. After 3 months off social media, I'm feeling like I'm ready to come back. I finally feel more connected with my new community and church. It's pretty daunting to marry a pastor who's been at a church for several years. Coming into the situation I didn't know anyone but everyone knew who I was and I felt overwhelmed. I am thankful for a gracious congregation who haven't judged me for getting names wrong or placed expectations on me that I cannot meet. I have felt welcome and embraced. 

I've adjusted to my new job as well. I've worked for Children's Mercy for a while and I have loved it. Now that I am working in the clinics I feel like I get to enjoy the wonderful things about pediatric nursing with less stress. I don't come home and constantly worry about my patients like I used to; this is the type of work situation I think I need right now. 

Marriage will likely be filled with a lifetime of adjusting, but we've figured out some major things like how to merge our book collections, how to share ice cream, and how to deal with sleep talking...I think we're well on our way.

All of this is to say that the old name for this blog doesn't work anymore. I'm not the same person I was when I blogged before. While my new life situation is very different, I believe it is just what God has planned for me. I've left up the old content of my blog because I love having those memories easily accessible, but I expect this new chapter to be better than the last and the next even better. 



Comments

Popular Posts