CHICAGO! Day One

A few weeks ago, after I went to a wedding but before I fell unceremoniously off a rock, one of my friends and I decided to take a trip to Chicago.  I had been there before and loved it and she had lived there for a while and was missing the city.  So we decided to just do it.  In a matter of days we had booked flights and reserved hotel rooms.  When I hurt my ankle, I wasn't sure whether I was going to be able to go or not but after some discussion we decided to go anyway and just make it a super laid-back vacation.  Thankfully, my follow up appointment for my ankle was the day before we left and I got the wonderful news that crutches were no longer a necessity and I could transition to a smaller brace when it felt comfortable.  Hooray! 
 
So away we went...we started off at The Little Goat Diner for brunch.  All I have to say is: YUM.  

I got the Parathas Burrito and she got the Bull's Eye French Toast and I think we were both happy with our choices. 
 After we ate, we still had several hours to kill so we hopped on a bus and went to Millennium Park because everyone should see the bean when they're in Chicago.


By that time, my ankle was hurting and we were super tired because we stayed up late and got up early, so we decided to head over to the hotel and see if they would let us check in early.  The service was amazing, the concierge was very observant and noticed that I was limping a bit so he went ahead and let us check in and gave us a room that didn't require too much walking to get to.  It was really nice since we were staying at the Hyatt Regency is huge, it felt a bit like an airport when we walked in, but the staff were nice and the rooms were lovely.  The beds were definitely the best part, we took long naps to prepare for an evening out. Lots of pillows and fluffy comforters...heavenly!
To finish off our first day in Chicago we went to see Once at the Oriental.  It was phenomenal.  I have been singing for days, no dancing yet though.  You aren't allowed to take pictures in the theater, but here are a few shots from outside.
I just had way too many pictures for one post, so I'll try to put up the rest later this week.  Stay tuned!


Comments

  1. Nice job! I didn't even notice you taking some of those pics! haha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts