Food, Food, Food

One of the essential parts of visiting New Orleans is the eating.  There is so much deliciousness! Everything was so good...except jambalaya. Jambalaya is wrong. 

Anyway, here are a few of the wonderful things I got to try while I was in the Big Easy.

1. Po Boys-this one is catfish, but I also had a shrimp one when I arrived.  Both were delicious.  I'm pretty sure my arteries did not enjoy Louisiana, but my tummy did!
2. Eggs Blackstone at The Ruby Slipper
Rachel looks happy here, but you should have seen her smile when Michael Chiklis walked in and she got to have her picture taken with him.  I'm ashamed to say I didn't know who he was, but I did shake his hand anyway.

3. Chocolate Croissant at Croissant d'or

4. I ate at Cafe Amelie after Rachel left.  It was divine but I didn't take any pictures. Sad Day.

5. Muffulettas at Central Grocery.  Yum.
I'm always intrigued by the things people write in situations like this. I understand a lot of it, but ham? or is that someone's name...a little kid named after the the son of Noah in the Bible? I just don't know what to think about that.
6. Pralines from Magnolia Praline Company
7.  And of course, beignets!
It's definitely a good thing I don't live in New Orleans, my will power against such yummy things does not exist!

Comments

Popular Posts