If You're Ever in New Orleans...

If you're ever in New Orleans, here are some things to do:

1. Visit Jackson Square
It's home to St. Louis Cathedral (which is stunning).
Around the square there are lots of shops and artists set up their work to sell.  Also, beignets are waiting across the street at Cafe du Monde and I think my last post established how good those are.

2. The Riverwalk
You can take senior pictures there.
3. While you're walking along the river you might as well take a ride on a steamboat.
Even though it will feel like it is 1000 degrees, a boat ride will make you happy.  See:
Also, there will be ice cream and jazz.  You will be really happy when that part of the boat ride happens.
Just make sure you know where the safety equipment is. You never know when you might need an axe.
3. Go to the French Market.
There's food,
and lots of people,
and everything you need for Mardi Gras.
And of course, a place to tie up your horse...I guess that's what this is.
4. Visit a cemetery. I know it sounds creepy but they are really beautiful.
Unless you're a Dr. Who fan and then this will be creepy:
Just don't blink.

5. Find a cafe and enjoy some tea, mystery, and jazz. It's vacation. (I found a used book store in the French Quarter...of course I did)
6. Stroll down Bourbon Street at night.  I'm not big on drunkenness and exhibitionism, but it was fairly tame on a weeknight and it was entertaining just to stroll the street and enjoy watching people, seeing the lights and listening to the music.  I only have one picture from my cell phone because it didn't seem like the right atmosphere for busting out my camera.  But you get the idea.

There are a couple more things that I recommend if you're ever in New Orleans, but I think that's enough for one post.  Stay tuned for more!









Comments

Popular Posts