New Orleans!

Last weekend I had the chance to go to New Orleans for the very first time. That's right, I'm not sure how this happened, but I have gone through 31 years of life without ever setting foot in New Orleans.  I had no idea what I was missing! One of my good friends from Maine was able to meet up with me, and we explored Crescent City (I had no idea that was a nickname for New Orleans until we got there).  In some ways being in New Orleans felt like stepping back in time; its stately buildings, wrought-iron balconies and its slow pace of life. 
One of the first things I noticed about the Big Easy (I did know that nickname), was the color.  It is hard to believe one city can hold so much color. The buildings are all painted different colors, there are so many varieties of plants and flowers, there are brightly colored beads hanging from trees and power lines in more colors than you can imagine, and art vendors are everywhere selling their wares.
I was mistakenly calling these trolleys when we arrived but learned that the correct term is streetcar.
The infamous Bourbon Street!
Where else can you see a building this pink?

 Music everywhere!
 Joan of Arc
So much loveliness!



Comments

Popular Posts